A COMMUNITY OF BELIEVERS SERVING CHRIST THROUGH SERVING OTHERS
What is Tres Dias?
Tres Dias is an adult weekend that aims to concentrate closely on the person of Jesus Christ and His teachings. While Tres Dias explores basic Christian beliefs, it is best described as a spiritual encounter with Jesus Christ. Many who have attended a weekend have experienced a deeper and more meaningful relationship with Christ as they sense His love in a dynamic way.
What is our purpose?
The mission of Tres Dias is to build and strengthen leaders for Christ, and to empower them to become leaders within their families, their small groups, their churches, and their communities.
Tres Dias is an inter-denominational weekend encounter with Jesus Christ. Some may want to call it a retreat, but its does not have the solitude of a retreat. The focus of the weekend is "God's unmerited love." The weekend is designed to show the "agape" type love that God pours out on us. This is love that is unconditional, unmerited, and for which the only true response can be love in return.
Design of the weekend
The weekend runs from Thursday evening through Sunday afternoon. Those that attend a weekend are called pilgrims. In addition to other pilgrims, the weekend consists of committed Christian volunteers who serve as team members. They will attempt to share the "Christ within them " with the pilgrims, while expecting nothing in return. (Experience shows that God richly blesses the team members more than any "thank you" from a pilgrim ever could!).
During the weekend, you can expect:
- Group discussions of topics that are of vital interest to the Body of Christ.
- Times of prayer, sharing and fellowship.
- Lots of music and singing.
- Lots of fun!
- LOTS of food. (This isn't the weekend to plan a fast or begin a diet!).
- Most importantly, you can expect that God will meet you exactly where you are!
Generally, the weekends are designed for men to go through the weekend first, and then a week later the wives (women) go through. Singles are also encouraged and accepted to encounter a weekend.
What Tres Dias is not
Tres Dias is a "once in a lifetime" experience. Once a person has attended a weekend, they are not permitted to attend again as a pilgrim, they are encouraged to serve as a team member on a future week end. Following the weekend, pilgrims are strongly encouraged to participate in small "share groups" or "home groups" (referred to in Tres Dias lingo as "reunion groups").
- It is NOT intended to become an alternative to your home church or practice of worship.
- It is not a denomination, nor is it designed to become a focal point of worship, other than during the particular weekend.
Essentially, Tres Dias is the expression of unmerited Christian love exhibited by the Father through His people! It is the desire of the Tres Dias Community that pilgrims will return to their home churches with the empowerment of a revitalized relationship with Jesus Christ through His Holy Spirit!
Why Tres Dias is so special
There are two things that make every Tres Dias weekend special!
- The first, and most important, is prayer! Once a person completes a weekend, they become part of the Tres Dias "Community". The community is made aware of the weekend schedules, and it is the responsibility and desire of the community to hold each weekend up in prayer! These weekends are literally "bathed" in prayer, love, and support.
- The second is the support of the Tres Dias Community. Very often, people are touched by God's Love in a powerful way on their weekend, and it becomes their desire to share that experience with others. It is this "community" of believers that support the weekends with their prayers and their physical labors. Christians work behind the scenes of every weekend to make certain that the needs of the pilgrims are met!
What do I have to do?
ANYONE WHO WISHES TO ATTEND A WEEKEND MUST BE SPONSORED BY SOMEONE WHO HAS PREVIOUSLY COMPLETED A WEEKEND. This person or couple is called the Sponsor. The sponsor carries significant responsibility to assure that the pilgrims's family is taken care of, so the pilgrim can focus on the activities of the weekend and not worry about what's happening at home.
See your sponsor and ask him or her to get you an application to fill out. Once this is filled out and returned to your sponsor then he/she will do the rest.
Once accepted on a weekend, you will be provided with a list of recommended items to bring (such as blankets, pajamas, etc). Other than that, your sponsor will take care of all other details. All you have to do is walk out of your front door, as your sponsor will even take you to the send-off point.
What if I have special needs such as diet or medication?
Be sure to let your sponsor know of these needs in advance. Most special diets can be accommodated. If medication is needed during the night or at specific times, members of the team will wake you as needed and even bring a glass of water if needed!
How may I attend a Tres Dias weekend?